Monday, August 15, 2011

This is a downtown thing.

So I was looking for this blog, and I made the wonderful mistake of using dot com instead of dot org and stumbled onto this sexy thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXnd8DoCPpk):

This is another one of those pieces of culture that makes me want to go to New York and live out my fantasies. Jelly Jells is a multi-tasking New York-based musician, who has his own record company and DJs weekly/nightly in addition to this project, as well as a band called the Harlem James Gang that was on America's Got Talent (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKHdEz2iLyA):  

 
Obviously the music is fresh, but the ambition is more refreshing. I guess being on holiday has made me long for something fresh in my home life, and I love the idea of someone taking a good idea and running with it-- I love the idea of building an empire up from the ground, fired by the fuel of one's own passion.


*Check out the incarnation of my passion, The Rose Lights.

1 comment:

Chet said...

I'm sorry I didn't pay much attention when you showed me this first. Waiting for it to load honestly put me to sleep but this is really cool!