Saturday, February 19, 2005

I don't like it... I don't like it at all. I suppose we knew it was coming... We'd been warned. We'd been preparing ourselves for it. But somehow I still had hope. I don't know why, it's just, why give up?
I didn't want this to happen. I didn't want it to have to be stopped. I wanted something to happen. Maybe a miracle. But miracles aren't that easy to come by.
When I heard it, I wasn't really surprised. I'd expected it, but I couldn't have been.
Because I realized. All of the hope in preparing, all of the joy that had been banished the moment we found out. There was a chance. A chance. For something amazing to happen. A bummer. A huge bummer.
You keep wishing and praying for something to happen and then it will, but then it doesn't.
Is it fair? I don't know. I just don't know.
We'll go on, life will go on. But we'll be more careful with our hope. Always cautious that it might be pulled away.
There's no answers that I can come up with, just that this is how life is. Unfortunately, their's hadn't started yet.

No comments: