Friday, November 18, 2005

Leave it to them to take the most innocently done thing in the entire world, and turn into something horrible. They are the masters of assumptions, the most fearful of their kind, the most vicious, the most scary, the most loving.... God. Please make it stop....


Indian Parents. What the hell am I gonna do?


In 5 seconds, they turn "I want to make friends" into "I'm interested in having sex"... Hello?is there not a fine line?


It's awful. They think you're the smartest kid in the world and then you prove them wrong.. and then you're dead. Because being their kid is not a bond of love, but a business dealing. An investment.


They have to put up with your shit, and you have to put up with theirs, so that you can eventually make the most money and give them bragging rights.


And yeah, they love me, but as soon as they put down the bars and put up their electrical fences, the good intentions are erased.


And you get one, extremely jaded and angst ridden teenager.


They blow everything up in their minds... And every second their angry, it grows exponentially until they're like, "Aarushi, we hate you, go fucking die."


I mean, it's not enough to be like, "This is bad, get rid of it".. they have to go into an indepth analysis about how bad it is, why it's bad, and how it's going to lead to me ending up 45 with no husband, no children and not enough money for me to pay for my therapy.


<yes. and that is an actual quote from an actual conversation>


I thought childhood was supposed to be a happy time. But they've been treating me like an adult since I hit the ripe age of 5. Well, let's face it, the brainwashing started in the womb. And they keep doing it, again and again. And thinking that I don't get it, that I don't hear them, That I'm just soooo stupid, that I'm not thinking about what they say, and freaking out over it, scaring myself away from doing things that all my friends do, because I really do respect them.. and love them and want to listen to what they have to say.


I wish I could just tell them honestly what I feel, without having it held against me for the rest of my life. But they're expecting superhuman robotchild and I'm just a kid.


But all of my opinions are wrong, all of my thoughts are wrong and all of my feelings are wrong.


It's not about how I feel, it's about how I should feel. And it's not fair. I'm not an adult.. I'm not some kind of fictional character that they're molding. I think I reserve the right to feel how I feel, when I choose to feel it and have people respect it.



And how can they blame me when I emulate them, and then I'm wrong?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aarushi

I found your blog when I was looking for critiques of Kumon. I am an Indian parent :-) but somewhat different

Are you still going to those classes?

Anonymous said...

I find it surprising that (Indian) parents treat their kids like adults.

I for one have 2 girls and we have real easy relationship. I learn many things from my kids.

My suggestion: Your parents styles of communication were probably picked from their parents (at least partly). So they are hostage to that, to some extent.

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that your write very well and your emotions are expressed so powerfully?

Do you know that you can make a change with your gift of honest expression?

The downside is that you lost some of your anonymity.. but blogs arent anyonymous, are they?