Monday, March 01, 2010

The afternoon, you're out on the stone and grass, and I'm sleeping on the balcony after class.

Vampire Weekend, though more recent than some of my other musical interests, have now become a staple in my music library. I just like the idea of blending genres, making music that is foot-tappin' African-flavored upbeatness.

A huge problem for me as a songwriter or whatever, is that I don't know how to write a satisfying upbeat song. It always comes out wrong; it sounds like Britney Spears or like I'm orphan Annie or something, or too girly for it to be okay. I need to write a song for a woman that is driven by just the right amount of testosterone to be not a man. And I believe that I can do it. I just don't know how.

1 comment:

Jason said...

we'll cover 'oxford comma' if you can figure out how to sing it without sounding like someone straining to be a guy.