Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I don't think we're meant to stay here very long

People I miss right now:
Becca, Crystal, Suvai, my sister, my old self, countless others that I'm too embarrassed to mention

Times I miss: I always want to go back and miss a time that was easy and then I realize that it was never all that easy to be me. Or at least, it's never been as easy as now. I do miss the time when I lacked inhibition and didn't question myself as much, when back then I probably should have.

Sometimes I feel like I need to break away from where I am and the people I know, but for some reason, though my social feelings are always shifting, though the people around me change, though I learn so much, I sometimes just want to move away, to a new world. Maybe I'm naturally nomadic.

I get tired of sneaky society

It's now more than ever that I want to run away somewhere where no one knows me. I hate analyzing things to a greater extent than I want to, but I feel that it's the way my mind works, and thus, I suck dry the lands where I stay until they change. Maybe I only get this way when it's a school break and I have too much time to think to myself.

I think that I could solve it all by writing a song like this one. (This link is that song without the remix-y effects but only watch the first 5 minutes.)

So I did a google search :"Disappear," because I think for some reason it seems like such a nice idea to disappear away from people, from expectations, whatever. I found a lot of stuff about how to disappear-- some about disappearing form where you live and being untraceable, a few kooks trying to say that it's our right to be able to disappear, some suspicious step-by-steps on how to disappear without people noticing, a very interesting Wiki article about Forced Disappearance (they are killed or abducted by an agency but no one finds out) that made me think of Witness Protection (a branch of the world that honestly gives me the heebie-jeebies), as well as providing discussion about using the word "disappeared" as an intransitive by saying "someone was disappeared," to mean that they were forced to disappear... but really the whole thing is rather bothersome.

People always go to extremes. To end on a rambly note.

1 comment:

Jason said...

hmm. that is creepy.

i like the video and remix though - i always thought that song would benefit from a guitar part that wasn't capo'd above the 12th fret. and i wonder if he just made the animation and was like "oh look, this song fits perfectly!" like some sort of wizard-of-oz vs. pink-floyd situation, except cooler and with less hallucinogens.

this also make me think of radiohead ("how to disappear completely") and deerhoof ("desapareceré"...look it up, and don't worry - it's not one of the goofy ones).