Thursday, February 03, 2011

most people like weak milky coffee

please don't laugh at me but i think i have a crush on malcolm gladwell. he seems like the type of man i'd want to marry because he talks about interesting things, and what do you know, i'm one of those people who actually likes people who talk a lot. 

it is my recommendation that you watch this, which is a TED talk that gladwell did about how we don't know what we want, and how people have different preferences, and how embracing these diversities in taste will lead to more happiness. it's very funny and interesting. this and another video about time perspectives prompted me to order books on amazon at 1 AM last night. i ordered the tipping point... which i may or may not already own, now that i think about it, and the paradox of time, and the geography of time, which are novels by malcolm gladwell, phillip zimbardo, and robert levine, respectively. i figure i'm going to be alone for a while (not because of anything, but because this is the nature of my quotidian experience.)

i think i might pretend to want to be a writer for a while, and write stuff for myself, because that's kind of how i imagined college would be for me. this isn't really much of a post, but a thought i've been having. i think it's time for me to really challenge my own beliefs and put all this thinking i do to good use.

No comments: