Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I've changed shape just to hide in this place but I'm still an animal

I have feelings. I really do. I know this was probably very apparent since I am the type of person who talks about their feelings, writes them down, finds songs to express them in ways she can't and tells people when they're pissing her off.

But some (of the most important) feelings that I have, I'll never say out loud.

Joy and I were talking today about what kind of persons we are, according to Myer-Briggs measures-- are you a spontaneous person or a non-spontaneous person? Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Do you have to see something to believe it?

I think there are other subtle things you could notice about people and the way they function:

- Are you the type of person who color-codes stuff because it actually has an effect on your life?

-Do you wear bright colors or dark colors? Pastels?

-Organized or organized chaos?

-How important are lyrics to you?

-Do you change who you are depending on who you're with?

-When you're with someone hanging out and your cell phone rings, do you tell the person you're on the phone that you're with those people?

-Do you compulsively charge your iPod/computer battery?

-Do you look things up for yourself or ask others who you know will know?

-Do you make flashcards to study for any given class?

-Do you make an outline before you write an essay?

-Do you know what you want to do and then embark upon it, or do you assume that you'll get stuff done eventually?

-Would you date someone you didn't think was hot? Would you date someone you didn't think was smart?

-Are you weirded out when someone mentions any of the following in passing?: menstrual cycles, sex, excrement, underwear, race, politics

-Do you think that people with exotic looks are more/less/equally attractive than the general population?

I realize that these questions probably fit on the Myer-Briggs assessment anyway.

No comments: