Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I knew you knew I liked you

I haven't been posting in a bit mainly because I haven't been thinking very deeply about more than one thing in a bit. I also haven't been sleeping deeply either. Last night, I (and my roommate) were rudely awoken by a phone call at alarm volume. After that, my sleep cycle was terribly interrupted. I've become a less deep sleeper in anticipation of alarms, and I think it's very strange, since sleeping deeply is part of my identity.

I forgot to refill my medicine prescription in time so now I'm sore and this is right after I decided to walk to class and avoid elevators in my building. Oh no. The increased physical activity is impacting my asthma because when you make walking up 5 floors a necessity, you have to do it quicker than is comfortable so then I wheeze. Oh well.

My band, The Rose Lights is filling my mind a lot lately, mainly because I am really excited about it and we just got a Facebook/Myspace thing which these days is what makes your band legit. Dinner Bell is our first recorded song, and I've been getting some good feedback which is exciting, but also scary because I feel that we need to record fast to keep up the momentum we have.

It has led me to a weird speaking voice vs. singing voice identity disparity. Most people seem to not think that my singing voice sounds like my talking voice and then give me all kinds of funny looks, which I feel ambivalent about. I am normally flattered that people think I have a good voice, but I am also weirded out by the fact that people would say I don't sound like I would sing the way I do, or I don't sing like I'm myself, because the fact is that that is the way I do sing, and I've known nothing different. Also, people like Jack White, Bright Eyes,  and Beyonce, you can tell their talking and singing voice is the same.  Oh well. I am generally happy with the positive response and I'm excited that people like my voice because I will be less nervous about it. Maybe it's a chance to break away from my day-to-day persona.

In other news, my life is being pretty boring. Day-to-day it is interesting, but eventfully, there's not much besides the band or maybe I'm just not in the mood to divulge. Take a listen to the band, though.

No comments: