Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some tidbits

Geography Discussion:

Becca: I think it's like the change between having to have ties with the government in order to achieve your policy, and being able to have power on your own. Like back in the progressive era Gifford Pinchot and Teddy Roosevelt had like a thing.
Aarushi (me): BROMANCE!


Geography Lecture (maybe a few weeks ago):
Professor Olmanson: Can you guys think of a significant event that occurred in the first half of the 1900s?
Becca: The Teapot Dome Scandal!
Professor Olmanson: Um, that was very significant, but that wasn't the one I was really looking for?
Some other kid: World War I!
Professor Olmanson: While World War I may not be as big of a deal as the Teapot Dome Scandal, I think it's pretty relevant here.


Today I am at the Milwaukee Public Library. It's a very beautiful building. But this is because I got up really early to go to Milwaukee to get citizenship but my mom thought that they would do it early and then we could go home, but the fact is that now we're stuck in Milwaukee until 2:00 when it is, when I could've just gone to class (Sex lecture). Sadness.

Becca on some class: I was just looking around at the class and looking at all the attractive people, and I realized that you are definitely one of the MOST attractive people in the class.
Me: Thank you, that's very sweet.
Becca: There are a lot of REALLY unattractive people in that class.

I just watched the librarian kick like five people off some computers because they're "designated for people 18 and under." Bogus. (Especially since all people 18 and under should be in school right now, unless they're me who is in college and has an excuse.)

1 comment:

becca said...

may i add that i meant well by all those comments?