Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Skip down, slow down, push it to the East Coast

It's so late, why not post now?

Lately, I've been well. I suppose I started a new semester and I suppose I'm in that stage of the semester in which I still feel that I can conquer it all and I am doing things differently than ever before. Some things that are different:

1. I never take the bus anymore and basically run to wherever I have to go, or as in the case of this morning, I trudged through sticky, flour-like, quick sandy snow to slowly get to my destination. Leaving with ample earliness, it still took me five minutes longer than necessary. Still, an improvement because the bus is inefficient, and it's warm when you walk and the only downside is that I spill coffee on myself while I'm running to class, but otherwise, I have found some really good shortcuts!

2. I have become totally lax about socialness. While this does not really mean that I've stopped being a social butterfly who always goes out of her way to hang out with people, it means that I am not that affected either way by my relationships with people which always go well generally otherwise I'd probably be more freaked out right now.

3. I am brimming with new excitement for several things-- including my friendships (though I am not stressing about them), my band (which has become a talking point for me as it previously was not), my lab job (this is the one I stress about), my other two jobs, my French class (it's so fun, and actually doable, which means that I have improved!), and the prospect of learning things from scratch the right, scholarly, collegiate ways for my other classes (not like last semester in that I actually DO readings on time, and am self-reliant about understanding material and am taking a class that is taken by people who are almost done with their major, allowing for interesting perspectives to flow in discussion sections.)

4. I am also very, very busy. Last semester, I felt busy because I had to work and because I was taking 17 credits. This semester, I'm both academically busy (15 credits of social studies and language is no easy task as I may have thought before) and not academically busy, and when I'm not doing homework or studying, I'm working, and when I have a rare moment of neither, I am being a socialite (in a way I only can).

5. I totally forgot to mention that I am training at WSUM- The student run radio station at UW-Madison. Soon, Becca and I will have a show and it will be amazing and funnny and smart, with the great accent of GREAT music. (Currently, I'm listening to Smashing Pumpkins.)


6. I got a brand new computer! It is of the Mac variety and I bought it myself with my hard earned money (well more like my dad bought it with his credit card, and at my next convenience I have to take $1475 out of my account and give it to my dad because I do not have a check book)!  It came with a printer! For this computer, I got a nice case that is BLUE and it was $30 from InCase.

I know it sounds as though I am going to kill myself, but I assure you that I'm actually excited about this crazy schedule, because I feel that I am doing what I want to do with right now.

Some Goals:
-Find more time for creativity: try to write a song in the next 2 weeks or refine older song ideas.
-Dress cuter and beat those hipsters in my french class at their own game.
-Go to bed no later than midnight every night. New formula: do homework in solitude, socialize/chillax/be creative until midnight! Wake up at 8:00. Class. Work. Repeat.

1 comment:

becca said...

good plan.
I'm excited for you life!