Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Today I begin on a quest

A quest, you ask?
Yes, a quest.
What for?
To make my life interesting.
And I know what you're thinking. Oh, Aarushi, you are sooo melodramatic! You are interesting. You're so interesting that you're downright weird.

Yes, well. I'm in an interesting rut.
The most interesting thing I did today was to go to the doctor with my mother and realize a condition I've had since puberty may never go away. I have to come to terms with the fact that I need to treat myself for conditions although girl, I have no faith in medicine. Well, not really. I just hate going to the doctor much like everyone else. Also, it's rainy and my flip-flops have slid off of my feet literally five times today.
It's unfortunate that I only have 3 pairs of shoes because they all were accidentally donated.

The second most interesting thing was rushing to the Humanities building to attend choir only to realize that I was an hour early for the she-bang. Yes, an hour early. How did I make this mistake?
I blame This American Life, analog clocks, the rain and a general malaise.

So I've been standing at this kiosk next to strangers trying to go on the internet to web sites that make me look interesting to bystanders and eavesdropping on phone conversations. Having phone conversations and wondering if the bystanders are listening. Wondering if that one guy in a huff has had a restraining order against him. Which, yeah, is interesting. But I want to do fun projects. I want to accomplish a variety of solitary things in my time each week. I want to not rely on others for fun.

By this time next week my goals:
-play a board/card game with someone
-learn a new name
-read the wikipedia article for each of TIME's influential people
-plan next week's radioshow

Stay with us.

1 comment:

Jason said...

you forgot "learn to play jason's guitar."