Saturday, May 29, 2010

it's hard having fun, it's much easier said than it's done [lyrics post]

hold me like before, hold me like you used to, control me like you used to...
you don't move me like before, and i'm glad that you don't, because i can't take it anymore

you wanna know, what's that godawful sound? something's dragging on the ground. the machine is breaking down.

secret heart, go on and share it. this loneliness- few can bare it. could it be three simple words, or the fear of being overheard?

if every scrap of marble contains a beautiful woman, then all that it takes is the patience to chisel her out.
tell me anything you want. any old lie will do. 
i read the body count out of the paper and now it's written all over my face. 
no one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter. sometimes that's just the most comfortable place.
you can't stop my happiness, because i like the way i am.
let the music smother me, whole weekend recovery.  dancing on a friday night.


one day i'm gonna be a star. then i'll get to hang in a bar. i'll go to vegas with the playas, just to forget my scars.
oh, oh, oh, oh, i'll get him hot and show him what i've got.

my love, she throws me like a rubber ball. and she won't catch me or break my fall. with rings on her fingers, and bells on her toes, she shall have music wherever she goes.
it's always better on holiday, that's why we only work when we need the money. 

                                   it's way too late
              to be this locked inside ourselves. the trouble is that you're in love with someone else. 
                  
says here an astronaut put on a pair of diapers and drove 18 hours to kill her boyfriend. in my hotel room, i'm wondering if you read that story too. and if we both might be having the same imaginary conversation.

        what are you staring at? nothing, your hair in the moonlight. you look familiar.


a woman calls my house once a week, she's always selling things: some charity, a phone plan, a subscription to a magazine. and as i turned her down, i always do, there's something trembling in her voice. i said, "hey what troubles you?"
she said, "i'm surprised you noticed. well my husband he is leaving and i can't convince him to stay, and he'll take our daughter with him, she wants to go with him anyway. i'm sorry i'm hard to live with. living is the problem for me. i'm selling people things they don't want when i don't know what you need."

i keep a close watch on this heart of mine. 
i keep my eyes wide open all the time. i keep the ends out for the tie that binds. 
because you're mine, i walk the line.
i find it very very easy to be true,
i find myself alone when each day is through. 
yes i'll admit that i'm a fool for you. because you're mine, i walk the line.


listen honey there is nothing you could say to OFFEND me anymore; you DON'T SEND me anymore. 
our little scene is getting smaller by the day. it's a HUMAN ZOO. 

                                i called you because i love you so. that's reason enough. it doesn't show.

   while we're on the subject, could we change the subject now?
   i was knocking on your ears. (don't worry, you were always out.) 
    looking towards the future, we were begging for the past. well, we know we had the good things, but those never seem to last. oh, please just last.  
oh and we carried it all so well as if we'd got a new position. 

          and true, it may seem like a stretch but it's thoughts like this that catch my troubled head when you're away and i am missing you to death.


i like you, yeah i like you, and i'm feeling so bohemian like you. 


                                                         AND IT'S YOU I HEAR, SO LOUD AND SO CLEAR. 

there were days when a refrain would brighten our corner of hickory lane, and you would sing that song for me just like your favorite singer. why'd you have to be so nice? a wink and a girly smile. why'd you have to punch my eye? that was something. but did you want me to stay?
 
                                   born to multiply, born to gaze into night's skies. all you want's one more saturday.

No comments: